serendipitousness

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

in the air

Just got back from a pretty good cardio workout at they gym. Trying to get back into the habit of being there. Have a goal to loose a few pounds before I have to be in a wedding in Nov. Don't have a lot of time, but I am sure going to give it a try.

I should probably be studying, as I have a math exam in an hour and a half. But, I think that I have the material down pretty well. So, I am not worried about this one. I am, however, worried about my Chem exam on Thursday. That one is not going to be fun, and I don't have the material down all that well. I really need to get my act together on that one. Plus I have a whole bunch of other stuff do this week. So, sitting here and typing this is probably a luxury I don't really have, but that's okay.

On another note, I think that I starting to get a little direction as to where I want to go with my education. I have known from the beginning that I was going to do Civil Engineering, but there are quite a few different sub-disciplines. Initially I thought I might head into structural engineering, but after getting some info over the last few weeks, and doing a little research, I think I might end up in environmental Engineering. No, that does not mean I will be a raging environmental lunatic. Nor does it mean that I will be a certified tree-hugger. It simply means that I will engineer things related to the environment. These could be waste water plants, water treatment facilities, hazardous waste disposal, and whole variety of other things. One of things I would like to work on is water treatment, and more specifically, how to get clean water efficiently. I have heard this now from a couple of sources and is true as far as I know it, and that is that one of the biggest challenges in the world today is getting everyone access to clean water. So, that is just an interesting side note on my education for anyone who cares.

Anyhow... I suppose I should get my nose back in the books. More later...

1 Comments:

  • So that means you will be the oppisite of a a tree hugger and send the waste into the rainforest right? (jk)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home